Now is the time to enjoy summers best peaches! Perfectly juicy and ripe these delicate stone fruits shine in this sweet and savory dish. Serve on a fresh bed of greens or as a bright side dish for your next BBQ.
Spicy Stone Fruit Salad
· An assortment of plums, peaches and nectarines cut into 1-inch chunks. Look for fruit that is still slightly firm but ripe. About 4-6 pieces of fruit total.
· 1 cucumber seeded and diced
· 1 large tomato seeded and diced
· 1 jalapeno thinly sliced
· 2 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
· 2 tbsp. olive oil
· Salt to taste
· ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
· ¼ cup fresh mint torn
- Combine cut stone fruit, cucumber, tomato, jalapeno, salt, olive oil and white balsamic and let marinate while you cut your mint and crumble the feta.
- Gently mix in mint and toss. Add feta at the very end for garnish tossing very gently.
- Taste for seasoning, add more salt if necessary and enjoy!