During the dreary winter months this bright and flavorful salad is a great way to brighten up any meal. Serve as is as a side dish or add shrimp and make it the main event.
- 1 bunch Kale, Leaves Torn Off The Stalks
- 1 whole Jalapeno, Seeded And Sliced Thin
- 3 whole Tangerines Or Clementines (or 1 Orange), Peeled And Cut Into Chunks
- 4 ounces, Goat Cheese/chevre
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic, Pressed Or Grated
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt To Taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
- 1 Tablespoon (heaping) Sour Cream Or Plain Greek Yogurt
- Thinly slice the de-stemmed kale.
- Combine orange juice, olive oil, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper in a small container. Mix vigorously until all combined, then add the sour cream or yogurt and shake again until combined.
- Toss the kale in the dressing, then add the jalapeno slices and citrus pieces and mix.
- At the last minute, break the goat cheese into chunks with a fork and toss it into the salad. Serve!