March 27, 2020
Effective as of March 25th at Ken’s Market our store hours are 6AM-9PM until further notice.
At this time to limit exposure to our staff and other shoppers we will not be allowing reusable shopping bags, coffee mugs or deli containers brought from home. We appreciate your understanding.
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, Ken’s Market is now offering delivery and curbside pickup for your safety and convenience. To find our more and to place an order visit our delivery page.
March 19, 2020
In light of the ongoing Covid-19 outbreak, at Ken’s Market we have adjusted our hours to 6AM-8PM Daily this will allow us to consolidate labor to better serve our customers and give us more time to stock and clean the store. If you are in great need of something past 8PM Marketime Foods will be maintaining regular business hours 6AM-11PM for the time being.
At this time, we are not offering specific shopping hours for the elderly. Our opening hour between 6-7AM are still very slow and allow for an uncrowded shopping experience for those in need. We are continuing to evaluate our policies as the situation evolves.
We are asking our customers to respect each other’s space; try to only touch what you intend to buy and remember your neighbors when stocking up. Stay safe, Seattle. We got this.
March 12, 2020
Dear Kens Market & Marketime Foods customers,
As our community faces the difficult times ahead due to the recent outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) here at Ken’s and Marketime we want to serve our communities as a vital resource.
We strive to continue to provide our customers with the ability to stock their pantry, replenish cleaning supplies and prepare with members of the community in a safe and clean environment.
Due to the situation that our region finds itself in, we want to share the steps that we are taking to best serve you, care for our staff and be a responsible member of our community:
- While Ken’s Market & Marketime Foods have had no reported COVID-19 infections. We have asked any staff exhibiting symptoms of respiratory illness or fever to stay home and notify their physician.
- We are taking extra special care to disinfect shopping carts and handbaskets. We currently have sanitized wipes available to clean basket and cart handles and have tasked our staff with frequently cleaning and sanitizing these high touch areas.
- Following guidance from the CDC and other agencies, we have implemented even more rigorous cleaning practices throughout our stores. This includes frequently sanitizing high touch areas like payment machines, scales, bathrooms and as mentioned above carts and baskets.
- We have stopped accepting personal cups at our espresso bars and have ceased self-serve sampling. At Ken’s Market We have taken the extra precautions of discontinuing our self-serve olive bar, and self -serve breakfast bar for the time being. You can find olives pre-packed in the olive bar section and breakfast will still be available served by our staff in the deli. Any staff handling ready-to-eat foods are already required to wear gloves or use tongs.
- We are working closely with our suppliers to ensure we have the essentials that you are seeking, like pantry staples, cleaning and household supplies and health and body care items.
During this difficult time, we want to extend gratitude to our staff who continue to work each day with commitment and compassion to ensure that our stores are stocked and cleaned.
We anticipate that guidance from federal, state and local agencies may change quickly over the coming days and weeks. We will continue to monitor closely and quickly adjust our operations to prioritize the health and safety of our customers and our staff.
Thank you for your continued support of our local neighborhood markets your patronage allows us to keep supporting our community and other local small businesses during these uncertain times.
Bill Stamey, Scott Giles, Steve Giles, Mylon Mayer, Daniel Schacher & Derek Giles
The Ken’s Market & Marketime Foods Ownership Team